Beecher's Mac and Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
It is starting to get hot outside, maybe not by every locations standards, but we might see 100° today. I am committed to make Beecher's mac and cheese for dinner and don't want to use the inside oven inside. The problem is, it's frozen.

Has anyone ever taken a frozen meal and cooked it on a smoker? Or do I thaw it first. I will use the oven, but would rather not.

don't know what kind of smoker you have, but if you can match the temp that you would use in your oven and you don't thaw the package when you use your oven, then i think you should be able to cook it the same way in your smoker. maybe others who have done it will have better ideas if this is correct or not

Should be very easy. I found this and it seems solid. Pay attention to #10
  1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
  2. Cover the macaroni and cheese with aluminum foil.
  3. Put the frozen macaroni and cheese and the pan directly in the oven.
  4. Reheat until thawed. This could take anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on how much macaroni and cheese you have, and how cold it is.
  5. You will know when your macaroni and cheese thawed if you can stick a fork in it.
  6. Once thawed, turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
  7. Remove the aluminum foil.
  8. Reheat for another 10 minutes.
  9. The macaroni and cheese is ready when it is bubbling and when the top gets a little brown.
  10. Enjoy with fine wine or a beer.

4. Reheat until thawed. This could take anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on how much macaroni and cheese you have, and how cold it is.
  5. You will know when your macaroni and cheese thawed if you can stick a fork in it.
  9. The macaroni and cheese is ready when it is bubbling and when the top gets a little brown.
I assume by oven, you mean smoker?

#10 will be happening the entire time.
The instructions have a 2" slit in the plastic covering, do I do this with the foil?

Well, how'd it turn out? And is your power back on?
Jim

Got very complicated. My son's, who lives across the lake in Seattle, roommate got covid so my son came here to quarentine. Too much happening to make this, getting his room setup, so we put it off for the day. Will do it this evening when I will have more flexibility with timing.

Power came back on at 9:30 last evening, thanks for caring.

Reactions: JLeonard
Got very complicated. My son's, who lives across the lake in Seattle, roommate got covid so my son came here to quarentine. Too much happening to make this, getting his room setup, so we put it off for the day. Will do it this evening when I will have more flexibility with timing.

Power came back on at 9:30 last evening, thanks for caring.
Too durn hot to be without power!
Jim

Reactions: Nefarious
tbern tbern , B BigW. , Winterrider Winterrider , JLeonard JLeonard :. I just followed the package direction and it came out great. The only change I made was as soon as it was no longer frozen, I took the plastic top off and mixed in the pulled pork so it would have more time for the flavors to meld.

This is the first time I added pulled pork so I have nothing to compare to, I usually add andoulii sausage, or hot Italian sausage.

PXL_20220728_031019182.jpg

Along with some smoker cook asparagus.

tbern tbern , B BigW. , Winterrider Winterrider , JLeonard JLeonard :. I just followed the package direction and it came out great. The only change I made was as soon as it was no longer frozen, I took the plastic top off and mixed in the pulled pork so it would have more time for the flavors to meld.

This is the first time I added pulled pork so I have nothing to compare to, I usually add andoulii sausage, or hot Italian sausage.

View attachment 638898

Along with some smoker cook asparagus.
Looks really good on my screen. We'll occasionally heat up a pan of Stouffer's MnC and add in some ham or kielbasa. PP sounds good.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking meal. I am all for taking pre-made stuff and adding to it. I’ll make smoked mash potatoes like that all the time.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky