Bacon Mayo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hotnspicy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Staunton VA
Normally when I make mayo I use EVOO or Canola.  Saw this a long time ago & gave it a try.  Its really good.  Try making some deviled eggs with it :) Enjoy!

Bacon Mayonnaise

Yield About 1/2 cup
Ingredients

1 egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup liquid bacon fat

Method

Combine the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in the small bowl of a food processor or in a blender and process to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
Have the bacon fat liquid, but not hot. With the machine running, gradually the bacon fat until the mixture starts to stiffen and emulsify, about 2 minutes. Once it starts to emulsify, you can add the fat more quickly. If the mayonnaise is too thick, just blend in 1 teaspoon of boiling water to thin it. Taste and adjust the seasoning.

Source: The New York Times

Sounds good- I've got it filed away for use... thanks
drool.gif

I did that a few years ago. A M A Z I N G. Made potato salad, BLT's and a couple other things with it. Don't think we tried Deviled eggs, but that's a great idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky