Auber Circulation Fan for Smokin-it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KetoJoe

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2022
South Florida
Has anyone ever tried the Auber Circulation fan in their smoker? I would like to be able to make Meat chips and jerky in my smoker but feel like it needs airflow. I don't want to buy a dehydrator. I was wonder if the Auber circulation fan would do the trick. I've seen that jerky cap for the smokin-it but I feel like it's way overpriced and wont do much for providing airflow inside.

By the way, meat chips is basically super thin sliced meat with salt added and then dried. I use Rib eye, pork loin, brisket and other fatty cuts. It becomes crispy and chewy but very different than jerky.

Reactions: toysejr
Has anyone ever tried the Auber Circulation fan in their smoker? I would like to be able to make Meat chips and jerky in my smoker but feel like it needs airflow. I don't want to buy a dehydrator. I was wonder if the Auber circulation fan would do the trick. I've seen that jerky cap for the smokin-it but I feel like it's way overpriced and wont do much for providing airflow inside.

By the way, meat chips is basically super thin sliced meat with salt added and then dried. I use Rib eye, pork loin, brisket and other fatty cuts. It becomes crispy and chewy but very different than jerky.
I just bought one, hope to onstall tomorrow! I have 9 lbs of buckboard bacon out there smoking now though.

A guy on another forum has one in his smokin it 3, says it is night and day, he can get good drying with it.

I also have a computer fan above exhaust hole, mounting it on a metal fitting to isolate the suction on that hole for good drying also.

Reactions: toysejr and tallbm
I just bought one, hope to onstall tomorrow! I have 9 lbs of buckboard bacon out there smoking now though.

A guy on another forum has one in his smokin it 3, says it is night and day, he can get good drying with it.

I also have a computer fan above exhaust hole, mounting it on a metal fitting to isolate the suction on that hole for good drying also.
did you buy the one for the left side or the right side?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky