Apple Cider Syrup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Not sure where to put so moderators move if necessary.
Before you shoot me down and say no photos didn't happen is right but for sure on my bucket list and maybe yours.

A couple of friends of mine told me about a restaurant called the Bull Frog Inn in Georgetown Pa they had visited and told me about having this syrup there. I had never heard of it as I'm sure most you haven't either. Then low and behold I receive a copy of a magazine (Mother's Earth News) I have been getting for years and there it is Apple Cider Syrup. Learned that in pilgrim days they did the syrup as a way to preserve the apple juice. If you do home made maple syrup it is basically the same process.
Hope you try this and tell us how it turned out for you. You will see there is 2 types pf the syrup.

thumbnail.jpg

If you make this hope you enjoy it tell us how you used it.

Warren

Reactions: disco and kruizer
I make something similar to this. I reduce bottled apple cider down, add a shake or two of nutmeg and cinnamon and a table spoon of butter(or whatever the marks are on the butter stick are). I use it on pork tenderloins and chops. While it's warm it has the consistency of Honey. When it cools it's like molasses. Tastes real good. I don't can or bottle it. I make it fresh when I use it.

Chris

Not sure where to put so moderators move if necessary.
Before you shoot me down and say no photos didn't happen is right but for sure on my bucket list and maybe yours.

A couple of friends of mine told me about a restaurant called the Bull Frog Inn in Georgetown Pa they had visited and told me about having this syrup there. I had never heard of it as I'm sure most you haven't either. Then low and behold I receive a copy of a magazine (Mother's Earth News) I have been getting for years and there it is Apple Cider Syrup. Learned that in pilgrim days they did the syrup as a way to preserve the apple juice. If you do home made maple syrup it is basically the same process.
Hope you try this and tell us how it turned out for you. You will see there is 2 types pf the syrup.

View attachment 460704

If you make this hope you enjoy it tell us how you used it.

Warren
Interesting! Watching!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky