Anyone else have a Cabela's 7-in-1 Smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mistabob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Idaho
Anyone else have a Cabela's 7-in-1 propane smoker? I have one and I love it. The thing does everything. Plus, I got mine for FREE by winning a drawing the local liquor store had. :) Can't beat that. Thank goodness for whiskey!

Congrats on the smoker. Dang it, I never win anything!
biggrin.gif

I had a 7 and 1 from Basspro. I'm sure they are near identical, be very careful that's how my addiction started

I did some pretty good Q on that unit. I handed it down to my nephew.

Yeah, before I got this smoker, I just used a homemade wood tray inside my grill and indirect heat. But this thing does everything. It will work well for quite some time I think until I man up and get me a big ol' beast of a smoker.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks! Who would have thought buying bourbon all the time could get any better?
tongue.gif

Yeah, I'll have to find a pic of mine somewhere. Maybe next time I make some pulled pork or a fattie.

Here's links to both the steel and powder-coated versions. Mine is powder-coated.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0005862512660a
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=25822

Mine isn't a cabelas but it is almost identical. These are awesome for beginners like me. I've had mine about 3 years and it is great. I just wish it was a little bit bigger.

I have one and love it. It is a tad difficult to put in the wood chips/chunks because of the narrow gap between the firebox and the waterpan. so I placed the water pan upside down on the workbench and pounded a great big dent in one side of it. ( its aluminum and bends quite easily if you are careful) Now with the dent placed in the door opening I can easily place chips, chunks, more charcoal etc in the enlarged opening.

A really good windbreak will give you much better steadier temps when using the propane. (needed on a windy day )
I find that the propane burner is just too hot on a calm hot summer day and I am unable to keep the heat down so I switch to charcoal on those days. Its a great smoker and even a fairly good deep fryer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky