any suggestions on a meat mixer that will do 25 lbs at one time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nnolannn

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 22, 2020
south texas
Does anyone have a suggestions on a meat mixer that will do 25 lbs at one time. I believe it will have to be manual because my grinder is a Backyard Pro BSG12 Butcher Series #12. It doesn't look like anything hooks up to it.
I do want to be able to put the paddles and tub in the dishwasher to sanitize after I clean it.

I don't know details of this one, but you could ask if it comes apart for cleaning.
It is manual but can be hooked to some electric grinders.

50lb. Mixer

I have an LEM 50lb and it will do 40lb no problem but you are not supposed to put it in the dishwasher due to the moving parts and lubricants that are in them so they move efficiently

I have a LEM Big Bite 50lb tilting mixer that attaches to my LEM #12 motor.

I have used it several times and it works quite well. The mixing rotor is easy to get in and out for cleaning. It is too large to wash in the dishwasher but I find it isn't too hard to hand wash.

JC :emoji_cat:

the only thing I have seen is that if you want to do a certain size batch, then buy one significantly larger than your desired batch size as they are all over rated by their supposed weight. and the bigger you go, the bigger the minimum batch size needs to be for them to work decent. I bought a 30# mixer and say that 20# would likely be about the max maybe 25# tops, but I wasnt impressed with it when I tried to do a 10# batch, 15# was still pretty iffy, the meat tends to stick in areas that the paddles cant reach and thus it doesnt get mixed in, you need to stop quite often and push down the mixture with a scraper.

Does anyone have a suggestions on a meat mixer that will do 25 lbs at one time. I believe it will have to be manual because my grinder is a Backyard Pro BSG12 Butcher Series #12. It doesn't look like anything hooks up to it.
I do want to be able to put the paddles and tub in the dishwasher to sanitize after I clean it.

As being mentioned. Get a little more than you plan to stuff. I have one that is about a 10 Liter / 22-23 pounder that covers 20 pounds of stuffing no problem.
They never stuff the amount they claim.

Also know that cranking on my big stuffer, it takes a full grown adult that has some strength to them. No kids, weak, or frail people are going to be able to push 20 pounds of meat through the stuffing tube with the crank. It ABSOLUTELY will be a 2 person job. 1strong enough person to crank and 1 person to feed the casings.

My stuffer push plate, tubes, and my big stuffer "pot" can all go into my dishwasher so that is nice. Everything else is hand clean which is not a problem because it doesn't come into contact with meat.

Finally, mine takes up real space and is heavy. So be ready and able to store it, pick it up, and move it around.

I hope this info helps :)

Reactions: JC in GB
The most I have done was 25lbs batch and I would think it was close to max.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky