Another post found - Breakfast Sandwich 10-20-08

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grothe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2008
Connecticut
I was inspired by Phil S to try this

Bacon Weave Flat in the smoker

Need leaner bacon next time!!

Smoked until crispy

I really liked the bacon from the smoker much better than fried. It wasn't greasy at all. BTW...I put another rack on top of the weave to keep it flat.

Fried 6 eggs w/ a small chopped onion,minced garlic, salt, & pepper just enough so that they weren't runny. Layed that out intop of the bacon

Sauted some mushrooms

Put those on top of the eggs

Topped that with a thick layer of cheese and back in the smoker

Cheese is melted

Let cool off then flipped it over onto a plate

Cut into squares and put on top of a bagel. Put the sandwich back in the smoker to warm up and toast the bagel.

Bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel.....only better.
Forgot to take a pic of the one w/ hot salsa on top.....MMMMMMM

Wow. I'm a huge fan of breakfast sandwiches abd this just looks AWESOME!!!
eek.gif

That looks great.
why not just put another bacon weave on top and skip the bagel?

grothe
I love breakfast sandwiches and your post just gave me another entry on my to-do list, which is starting to get long.....
Thanks for posting !!!

I gotta spend less time here, too many great looking foods and spring is coming. Nice job, looks great, yadda, yadda, yadda.
biggrin.gif
Points!

Looks good! I'm a real breakfast man myself.

What I have done in the past is wrap a bacon weave around a pork loin and smoke it to about 155 internal, then slice it about 3/8" thick in the morning and sear it in my cast iron skillet and make a sandwich on a toasted bagel with 2 over-medium eggs and a slice of monterey jack. It gets you going!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky