Andouille with red beans and rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ty520

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Not particularly elegant, but comforting, which is what I needed...

Homemade red beans and rice, with greens, and homemade andouille

0420221750~2.jpg

Great looking plate! I loved a good collard green side and good andouille with red beans and rice is definitely comfort when they’re looking like that! Great job!

Do you have a recipe for the collards?

Great looking plate! I loved a good collard green side and good andouille with red beans and rice is definitely comfort when they’re looking like that! Great job!

Do you have a recipe for the collards?
Sure thing

Simmer 1 hamhock per 4 people in a large pot, covered, for 1 hour. Remove, then dice up the meat once cool enough to handle, discarding the skin.

Leave the water in the pot

In a separate pan sautee finely diced onion, 4 garlic cloves

Add to hamhock stock water with 4 bunches of greens (stems removed, chopped into 1 inch pieces), and a tablespoon of tabasco or hot sauce of choice plus 1/2 teaspoon paprika and oragano, and an 1/8 teaspoon thyme and black pepper. Add back diced hamhock meat

Simmer for another hour with the lid half off to let water evaporate off.

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky