always open for advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1104w2nd

Original poster
May 22, 2007
New to this forum. I have a 4' smoker on wheels with 4 rotisserie racks and the fire box at back. Set up to rotate over the fire and racks set to make meat drippings fall on the racks below to cook in their own juices. Have cooked boston butts, burgers, chops & a few vegetables. Going to cook aproximately 25 to 30 ribeyes this Wednesday for the fellow employees. Planning to just used Cavendars seasoning this week, not enough time to do much. Any advice on the perfect cooking temp. or length of cooking time for the perfect ribeye?

Mike in Rector, Arkansas
icon_smile.gif

Welcome Mike -

Sounds like a great smoker you got there. That's a lot of ribeyes!

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downl...emperature.pdf

Whole Ribeye Loin Rare 225° F to 250° F 20 minutes/lb 125° F for Rare
Whole Ribeye Loin Medium 225° F to 250° F 25 minutes/lb 135° F for Medium
Whole Ribeye Loin Well Done 225° F to 250° F 30 minutes/lb 145° F for Well

Don't forget the apple juice!

Yeah, I'll try to get some pictures. There is a guy in Kennett, MO that builds them. He has built some 8 footers and some with fryers mounted on them. He farms and builds them on the side.

Welcome to the SMF Mike, IMHO ribeyes are not smoking steaks, unless your gonna do a whole roast. Ribeyes are my favorite steak and need searing heat for 5 to 7 mins a side for medium rare. Look forward to seeing that pit
icon_smile.gif

welcome aboard smf. i love ribeyes. i have smoked a few, and they were delicious! fork cutting tender, good smoke flavor.

Completed the ribeye dinner. The ribeyes turned out great. Tender & juicy, could cut with fork. Smoked them for about an hour and a half to 45 minutes at about 250. Also threw on some of those baked potatoes with the olive oil, garlic& herb seasoning and a couple of open foil pans of bbq beans. had some corn on the cob to go with it and we were all stuffed. No one wanted to do any work though yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the encouragment.

Mike, welcome to SMF. You have found the best smoking food site on the 'net.

Be sure to check out all the different recipes that are posted here. You could build some great meals from meat, side dishes and even dessert!!

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky