addicted :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

netspyder

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 18, 2022
Collinsville, IL
so, i recently (may) had to buy a replacement for my 20-year-old offset smoker that i never used for smoking ... and decided that i should try it out. first try ever smoking meat i did a 17-lb brisket - took 22 hours but it was unlike ANYthing i can get here locally in st. louis... so now i'm completely addicted - i'm even brining my own corned beef for homemade pastrami (which - by the way... is totally amazing). in the last ... 7 months ... i've smoked 80 lbs of brisket, a rib roast ('prime rib' even though all i could find was choice -- happy fathers day dad), and 70-some-odd-lbs of various beef roasts that have been 'corned' and seasoned with pepper and coriander (yummy). shout out to mad scientist bbq and chuds bbq on youtube for tips on that.

besides that, i'm remodeling my house, and working as a networking guy for a local company that does it work for small and medium businesses. i'm handy to have around the house - done electrical, plumbing, light framing, drywall... if it involves residential construction... i've probably got some experience there.

Welcome from Colorado.

Around here it’s pictures, or it never happened. Just so you know. We are very sight driven. Know what they say “a picture is worth a thousand words”

Welcome from Mississippi.
What do you do in your free time?

Jim
Well, i don't like to be bored... generally speaking. remodeling projects take up most of my time, but i have a small garden in the spring/summer, i build some furniture to use around the house... this is a table i built to use as a butcher block next to my smoker.
table.jpg

Here's my project from this weekend... pulling the chimney down a tote of bricks at a time, and am going to use them to build an offset smoker off the deck in the back.
IMG-0289.jpg
IMG-0290.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky