Added to my stable tonight.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kawboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 20, 2015
Central Minnesota
Spotted this on Facebook Marketplace for $20 tonight. Front was a little pushed in, but fixed that right away. It doesn't have the smoker stone/diverter, but I'll figure something out. Came with a cover too. Never used a cooker like this, so should be fun learning. My wife thinks I may have a problem.

Attachments

• 20210530_184946.jpg
    20210530_184946.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210530_185010.jpg
    20210530_185010.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 59
Spotted this on Facebook Marketplace for $20 tonight. Front was a little pushed in, but fixed that right away. It doesn't have the smoker stone/diverter, but I'll figure something out. Came with a cover too. Never used a cooker like this, so should be fun learning. My wife thinks I may have a problem.
Nice pickup, my wife doesn’t think, she knows I have a problem.

You do have a problem, you need a diverter at a good price lol , a pizza stone might work if you can get a measurement from somebody or 1/2-1" from the sides might work grate

Reactions: kawboy
Nice! I found a free elec Masterbuilt smoker on Marketplace. Great place to look first. A weber 22" kettle grill has a 17" coal grate you can get at home depot for <$20 etc that sits perfectly on the the insert sleeve three supports. It can be an elevated charcoal grate or put a 15" pizza stone on it for indirect heating. A smokey Joe weber kettle has like a 13" charcoal grate which can go in the kamado 1st then the one that came with the kamado ontop of it with the grates going in opposite directions to keep small charcoal and lump from falling through. Since the Kamado is insulated porcelain painted steel I use briquettes and the removable ash pan holds a lot to accomadate briquettes.

This was just indirect bacon but an alum pan or foil boat on the lower pizza stone is great for catching drips. 20191008_180437.jpg CAM00850.jpg

Needed to get rid of this lousy 3lb chub of sausage, needed to render a few hours.
20200712_202210.jpg 20200712_224558.jpg

Indirect one half, direct the other. The elevated 17" inch coal grate can get coal further away from the indirect side, being bigger than the lowest grate.
20200422_183436.jpg

Reactions: kawboy and JLeonard
Nice find, I had one of those and they cook very well. If you leave it outside without a cover mine would collect water in the removable ash tray and rusted out. But a great cooking grill.

Nice find, I had one of those and they cook very well. If you leave it outside without a cover mine would collect water in the removable ash tray and rusted out. But a great cooking grill.
My ash tray is showing rust, but did come with a cover.

Well the wife probably doesn't think it is a real serious problem, unless of course she has set up a counseling session for you in that case you better come up with a good plan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky