A long chuck roast bath

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
I’ve been eyeing up all the SV chuck roast instructions Bearcarver Bearcarver has worked out and decided that I needed to finally make this bad boy.

So I covered a small chuckie with some MeatChurch Holy Cow, vac sealed that baby up, and dropped it in the water at 165F yesterday morning. This afternoon at about the 34 hour mark I pulled it out.

All I can say is WOW. I barely had to touch the thing for it to shred apart like it was melted butter. I couldn’t believe it to be honest. We decided to keep it incredibly simple and let the beef shine. So really simple tacos- a touch of hot sauce plus some maple smoked cheddar. Holy moly is all I can say.
Thanks for lookin all...

99673A3C-9174-4C15-99DF-433892B54560.jpeg 64D433D1-F9B0-46D6-A276-198348EA47BB.jpeg 15A4B5E0-2A75-4BF7-93E6-49C768D71F2C.jpeg E05AC8A0-896D-45E9-9D44-233CC3038CDC.jpeg

Looking nice JCAP! Texture looks excellent and let that delish beefy flavor shine through. LIKE!

Reactions: JCAP
Got a chuckie in the freezer ...after seeing this I might have to do this for sunday! Nice work!

Reactions: JCAP
Is the strings tender as well? Last chuck roast I did fell apart but was stringy. Looking for an alternative method for next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky