A Grilled Chuck Roast, by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Picked up a prime chuck roast at HEB
View attachment 657799

Sprinkled with Kosher salt and set it in the fridge overnight. This morning I injected it with a 50/50 mixture of Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce and unsalted beef stock and put it back in the fridge for 4-hours+ then let it sit on the counter to come to full room temperature.
View attachment 657800

Started a mesquite fire in the pit, got some good coals going and tossed it on the fire.View attachment 657801

I didn't time it but by instinct and voodoo alone, I turned it over when it needed turning over.
View attachment 657803

Then when it was finished grillin' - again just by instinct and voodoo - I wrapped it in heavy aluminum foil and placed it in the microwave to let it rest for an hour (no, I did not turn the microwave on - its just a nice micro-climate). After 1-hour I opened it up to see this mouthwatering sight!
View attachment 657804

I placed it on the cutting board, reserved the liquid, sliced some up, and dipped those slices in the liquid and MAN that stuff is fricken good! Came out fabulous! Juicy, tender, packed with awesome flavor, cooked just right - I love the tatse of chuck above all other beef cuts.
View attachment 657805
Grilled chuck roast by RS
looks great....... vodoo-mometer looks to be about 135.

Reactions: Retired Spook
1676480023397.gif

Nice voodoo! Is that an open pit, Santa Maria style? I like the microwave rest idea. Great job!

Great looking cook sir! All week ive been thinking about grilling 2 chuckies that are in the freezer for something different! And this work of beefy art has helped me make up my mind!

Great looking cook sir! All week ive been thinking about grilling 2 chuckies that are in the freezer for something different! And this work of beefy art has helped me make up my mind!
Thank you sir! I just finished it off today. I've tried this with a few select chucks in the past and they were good (I actually do not mind a little chew), but the prime chuck always turns out the best. I love the taste of chuck over all other cuts of beef - period.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Lord have mercy, that looks good. Even as I'm typing this I have a chuck in the smoker. I'm following Jeff's chuck burnt ends recipe. It went from 37 (out of the fridge) to 100 in an hour, but has slowed considerably. Almost like a stall with brisket. Is this normal?

I did it again - but this is a prime boneless chuck shoulder roast - a little different cut but still flavorful! Previous was prime chuck roast (taste slightly beefier / better, in my opinion).

Injected and marinated with straight Worcestershire sauce overnight.
IMG_1584.jpg

Then I gave it a Montreal Steak rub, most of which, unfortunately, got left on the grill. I grilled it according to voodoo again (not so many photos this time), wrapped it in aluminum foil, put it in the microwave for an hour (again, I did NOT turn microwave on but just to keep it warm), and this is just out of the foil.
IMG_1587.JPG

Then I sliced it and man does it taste good! That Worcestershire is like magic.
IMG_1588.JPG

Another grilled chuck roast by RS

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky