150 gallon reverse flow trailer build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
20180506_185135.jpg

Got some more work done tonight got axle temporarily on trailer .Hope to get the smoker mounted on trailer on the trailer Sat.

Got it mounted on the trailer next thing i need to do is bend the door . Not having a big press to bend that door is going to be fun

That's looking Good!

There's been a thought bouncing around my brain cell that a central metal roof high over the trailer itself with enough overhang mount a pair of RV awnings on the sides and under the overhang might be an option instead of making the wings. Would you mind sharing your material costs and manhours for the wings(publicly or privately) when you are done? I'd like to compare that with a pair of RV awnings.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

That's looking Good!

There's been a thought bouncing around my brain cell that a central metal roof high over the trailer itself with enough overhang mount a pair of RV awnings on the sides and under the overhang might be an option instead of making the wings. Would you mind sharing your material costs and manhours for the wings(publicly or privately) when you are done? I'd like to compare that with a pair of RV awnings.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Sure i will

I used 1×1×11gau for the roof support and sides but the middle brace on the sides is 14 ga going to have front and rear fold outs as well. Building this in Texas in the summer has taken the fun out it. Can't wait till its finished .Going to be working on the sink and prep counter top next. My plan is to have a couple of burners in front of the pit with a foldout grill on the front on the pit side.

Once I have the trailer complete how do you figure the tongue weight? I know I am going to have to move the axle back. Any suggestions?

How thick of material did you use/recommend for the rf plate?? Seems to me it doesn’t need to be all that thick?

This is going to be my first reverse flow .For those that have them is the top of the pit hotter than the cooking rack level or does the cook chamber stay the same temp?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky