Work cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
My department at work has decided to do a monthly meal for birthdays and sometimes just for a reason to eat (like any of us need a reason, right?). Well with Memorial Day coming up and the start of grills season, we decided on BBQ. I volunteered to do the proteins (any reason to roll smoke, you know?).
So here we have 3 half butts, couldn’t find a whole butt in the whole city. The Memphis in May BBO comp is going on, may be the reason for that. Also doing a brisket flat SmokinAl SmokinAl style. Also got a pan of Dutch’s wicked beans to go later.
IMG_1259.jpeg
Smoker settled in at 265 degrees with a little cherry wood for smoke and flavor. Will update as the cook goes on.

Jim

Last edited:
IMG_1260.jpeg
small flat off the cooker. Let it rest an hour. Tender, juicy and excellent! I took it out of the foil pan for about the last hour and put more pepper on it. Figured it had enough salt from the soup. Don’t know if it will make it to work tomorrow!!!
will be doing It this way again. Pure magic SmokinAl SmokinAl

Last edited:
SmokinEdge SmokinEdge this….

Looks good Jim, I could have bet money I posted to this yesterday when I read it , so here I am now, again. lol

Off to a good start , and than the finish, as you said you will post pics later today.
Now i'm in

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks good. Look forward to hearing the coworker’s feedback. I’m sure they will love it.

Reactions: smokin peachey
IMG_1261.jpeg IMG_1262.jpeg IMG_1263.jpeg
2 crockpots of pulled pork. 1 of Dutch Dutch wicked beans, small crockpot of smoked sausage in BBQ sauce. And on the plates pic, 1st of two, sammich, potato salad, slaw on the sammich. One of the ladies I work with brought 3 dozen tamales. And my boss brought brownies that just topped it off! Needless to say my whole dept is totally worthless for the rest of the day. The meat was still good and moist even after evenings packed in the ‘pots overnight in the fridge.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky