Won't you take me to Kettle time!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
It was just an absolutely gorgeous day here in Northern New England. Sunny skies, temps reaching the lower 70s and barely a hint of wind. So I asked the wifey what she wanted for supper and she mentioned FOTB ribs. So who was I to argue. After a quick trip to the local grocer. I picked up some spares, brats, and a couple of chuckies. No sense in wasting good real-estate on such a beautiful day.

First things first though, before my trip to the grocer. A trip to the local True Value Hardware was in order for some much needed supplies. With a bag of charcoal, hickory and apple chunks in hand I noticed this little baby Weber grill sitting on the shelf. At first I thought it was one of those toy grills for the little munchkins. Then upon closer look I saw that it was a bird feeder. Holy Cow I said to myself. My misses would love that. So I bought it.

Kettle Bird feeder:
DSC04960.JPG

Old faithful holding holding my Greenie Meanie:
DSC04967.JPG
A couple of Chuckies. Thinner than I'd like but they'll do just fine:

DSC04955.JPG

The 26" is called upon for the first time this year. One hunk of Hickory and one Apple:
DSC04958.JPG

Seasoned the chuckies up with Jeff's Texas rub:
DSC04962.JPG

After a short spell. The rest of the grub is added:
DSC04965.JPG

Coming along nicely:
DSC04970.JPG

After another Meanie Greenie:
DSC04972.JPG

The Switchback Brats are pulled. One is sliced for a taste test - it passed:
DSC04973.JPG

Swapped the brats with tators, foiled the ribs and chuckies. Then unfoiled and back on the grate they went to set: also added a little sauce to the ribs per wifey's request: Hillbilly teeth, Justin would be proud.
DSC04979.JPG

All done:
DSC04980.JPG

Time to do the finger shredding:
DSC04990.JPG

She did say FOTB:
DSC04994.JPG

Clean bones:
DSC04995.JPG

and finally the chuckey is ready for the fridge. It will be frozen in the morning along with the brats.
DSC04998.JPG

Thanks for hanging with me.

I'm stuffed.
Chris

Reactions: Fueling Around
Very nice Chris, full grill sunny day little adult beverage, heaven

But just up the coast from you it was relentless strong winds here all day , sunny but no fun

David
Thanks David, If the weather pattern follows the coast line you should be in for a great day today. The only issue I had with Saturdays cook were the black flies. Tis the season and they're annoying as all heck.

Awesome cook Chris .
Appreciate it Rich. It felt good to break out the 26"

Chris

It felt good to break out the 26"
I had not used mine in over a year . Got it fired up a couple weeks ago to do the Petite tenders . Then used it to do hot dogs one night and some burgers another night . Manages the charcoal so well , and holds the heat . I only had to add a handful of charcoal to the original fire .

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky