Willie's Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Making a small 3lb batch using Willie's stick mix. Added some fine grind nfpdm and cure 1 to the willies before mixing into meat.
IMG_4836.jpg

Cover and fridge overnight, gotta finish the garage.
Stuffing tomorrow into 20mm smoked collagen.
Lets see how snoopy does with the new parts.

IMG_4837.jpg

All stuffed.
IMG_4847.jpg

I get about 5-7 hours of sleep....lol :emoji_astonished::emoji_laughing:

Going to get 4 hours of room temp hang time then 8 hours of cold smoke
(no heat), Either hickory or apple.

IMG_4848.JPG

Reactions: jcam222 and 02ebz06
Getting some cold smoke going, using hickory dust.

I have a vent on the side of snoopy for air flow.
IMG_4852.JPG

IMG_4853.JPG

Lets see how the fan works.
IMG_4854.JPG

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The willies are done.

Took the dust smoker out, disconnected all power, shut the vents closed and leaving in the smoker all night.

IMG_4862.JPG

After years of RVing and having my sausage mixes in zip bags and plastic tote boxes. I have my mixes sorted and on my rack.

IMG_4859.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

Nice work. Those look tasty. Glad Snoopy is all patched up again.
Thanks

Question for you.

How do you get your peppers to stay hanging? I watched vids and did some hatch ;like that but they kept rotting at the stems and falling off.

Thanks

Question for you.

How do you get your peppers to stay hanging? I watched vids and did some hatch ;like that but they kept rotting at the stems and falling off.
I’m not sure why they would rot exactly. I do know that the really meaty chilies do not dry well and can have rot or mold problems varieties like the Big Jim are a good example jalapeño is another that doesn’t air dry well. As far as making them there are hundreds of ways to go but I’ll post a good link at the bottom of the traditional way to tie a ristra with no needle. Most mine I thread with a needle and never had any problems. Although the humidity between NM and CO does Hoover around 10-15% so things dry very fast.

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Those sticks look most excellent BGKY. NIcely done.

point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky