Will be ready to smoke my bacon on Monday...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Absolutely---A couple of drafts can easily flare up pellets. It's no different than being able to blow on an AMNPS to get a flame to rise up from the smoldering pellet cherry.

Hope your Smoker is OK. The Bacon looks fine.

Bear

Thanks Bear.

The smoker itself is fine, but there seems to be a lot of build-up that wasn't in there before this smoke. Do I need to do some sort of a burn out to get rid of it (I brushed it out using a wire brush, but still...).

I use a wire brush in mine if it's flaking off like in the lid..

I got it cleaned out well enough I think...except for the lid. The wire brush I have has the standard rectangular-shaped "grill" brush with a long handle and 1/2" bristles...need something shorter and with longer bristles so I can get to the entire inner surface of the lid.

Will pick one up when I go to town tomorrow.

Thanks!

Sherry...... CHECK to be POSITIVE none of the wire bristles have fallen out... They are a bitch on the digestive system.. and the throat... and the gums and teeth...
May I suggest you build a very hot fire inside to burn it out... briquettes and lump might work... I'm really not sure what your smoker is....

Sherry...... CHECK to be POSITIVE none of the wire bristles have fallen out... They are a bitch on the digestive system.. and the throat... and the gums and teeth...
May I suggest you build a very hot fire inside to burn it out... briquettes and lump might work... I'm really not sure what your smoker is....

Thanks Dave.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky