Which do ya'all like best?

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokyokie, Aug 1, 2007.

What's your favorite beef rib eye

Poll closed Aug 31, 2007.
  1. Grilled rib eye-charcoal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Grilled rib eye-over hardwood flame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Smoked boneless rib eye

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Smoked standing rib roast

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oven roasted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. smokyokie

smokyokie Smoking Fanatic

I love beef rib eye! I'm having trouble deciding which form I like best, grilled rib eye steak, grilled steak over hardwood flame, smoked boneless rib eye, or smoked bone in standing rib roast.

Which do ya'all like best?

Tim

2. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

good ribeye marbeling is a plus. 2nd is a steamship round.

3. clyde

clyde StickBurners

Just so long as everybody eats more cow meat I'm happy![​IMG]

4. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Tim, that's a tough one to answer... I like 'em all! [​IMG]

5. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrree! Eat more cow, chicken, armadillo, anything but pig sez Clyde! [​IMG][​IMG]

6. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Tim, my favorite is the bone in roast. I believe the bone gives the meat more flavor, I guess its the marrow seeping from the bones into the meat? I especially can taste it in a grilled steak, the bone is more of a treat than the meat! I also put a pan of au jus made by Johnny's Fine Foods in Tacoma WA, in the smoker and smoke it for about 3 or 4 hours. Its to die for, the next day, you can make french dip sammies. Their address is, www.Johnnys.com It is in liquid form, comes in an 8oz bottle, you add two parts water to one part concentrate. I can't say enough about the quality. [​IMG] Terry

7. smokyokie

smokyokie Smoking Fanatic

Would you believe that I have 5 or 6 bottles in the cupboard? I've never smoked it before, but have added it to smoked au jus. Good stuff for sure. We buy it @ the local grocery.

8. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I like mine meat with bones best when posible I do thinks bones make it taste better, but ribeyes around here don't usually come bone-in for some reason they come in slabs and cryopacked.

I like em smoked bone-in best and it doesn't fit in the poll. [​IMG]

9. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My faithful companion, pictured in my avatar, likes bone in. Everything else is an option, just be sure it is bone in.

Cheers![​IMG]