What to Do with Leftovers ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Last week # 1 son bought some huge Rib-Eyes , We cut off a chunk and saved the rest. Then I posted Rib-Eye Sandwiches https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/good-ole-rib-eye-sandwich.274522/unread
I had just a little left so I made some Jerky. Rib-Eye Jerky is the best !!

Here is what was left Dang good stuff
IMG_0498.jpg

Awesome!!:)
I always have Ribeye & Prime Rib left over, and never thought of this.
Can you give a quick run-down of what you did to make this?
Like.

Bear

LOL, looks great . My buddies give me a hard time because I use venison back strap for jerky . Like to know what you did also .

Sure Bear,
Got out my trusty ole slicer and sliced up what was left. I mixed some Teriyaki, a little Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, lime juice, a little Cayenne pepper, black pepper and some water. I let the meat soak a couple of hours.
Since the meat had already been cooked I took it out of the marinade, placed it on a drying rack / sheet pan and in the oven on warm. Our oven is set at 170 for warm I left it about 4 hours.
Was not too dry or tough, just good !!

Gary

Sure Bear,
Got out my trusty ole slicer and sliced up what was left. I mixed some Teriyaki, a little Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, lime juice, a little Cayenne pepper, black pepper and some water. I let the meat soak a couple of hours.
Since the meat had already been cooked I took it out of the marinade, placed it on a drying rack / sheet pan and in the oven on warm. Our oven is set at 170 for warm I left it about 4 hours.
Was not too dry or tough, just good !!

Gary

Awesome!!:)
Gotta save this!
Thanks Gary,
Bear

I left out a couple of ingredients a couple of drops of liquid smoke and a little brown sugar Sorry

Gary

That is pretty cool Gary!
I didn't think you could make jerky with fattier cuts of meat.
But yours looks darn good!
Nicely done!
Al

Thanks for the info Gary, I think that's a Jerky I could actually do.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks guys I love Jerky. We have a store here in Tyler called "The Jerky Store" they have about any flavor you can imagine . I think my #2 son is one of their best customers Two of my favorites are "Crawfish" and "Bloody Mary"
Fantastic And no the crawfish is not made out of crawfish !!

Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks good my friend. I'm betting it was a lot more tender than jerky made from a slab of round.
But did I misread?? Coulda sworn I saw "liquid" smoke. Surely you know someone with a smoker who could have added the real thing for you. ROLF!!!! :D
Gary

Now you did it Gary!!
I can't get this off my mind, and here I sit about 6 weeks or more from my next Smoked Prime Rib.
I can't wait to try this with my usual Leftover PR.

John

Reactions: gary s
Looks good my friend. I'm betting it was a lot more tender than jerky made from a slab of round.
But did I misread?? Coulda sworn I saw "liquid" smoke. Surely you know someone with a smoker who could have added the real thing for you. ROLF!!!! :D
Gary

You caught me !! :eek: I was just being lazy

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky