What temp do you take your chuckie to?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do same as chopsaw chopsaw 210 with a good rest

Last edited:
I wrap at 160 and go to probe tender . I've had them finish all the way to 211 and higher . I only watch the temp for wrapping . After that it's wait 'til it probes tender .
Probe tender it is then. It's at 203 now and not quite there. I'll wrap in towel when done and let it rest for an hour. Thanks guys!
BTW chopsaw that handle you made me for my '80's Kamado is holding up just fine, still looks new, thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw and TNJAKE
Like the other guys I do between 205-211F / probe tender. chopsaw chopsaw have you ever used Minors beef broth and / or Minors Au jus concentrate? It’s a standard staple in our frig. I keep the chicken, beef and beef au jus at all times. When I find it I also buy the pork.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Like the other guys I do between 205-211F / probe tender. chopsaw chopsaw have you ever used Minors beef broth and / or Minors Au jus concentrate? It’s a standard staple in our frig. I keep the chicken, beef and beef au jus at all times. When I find it I also buy the pork.
Couldn't agree more about the minors products. I use the beef in my injections

Reactions: jcam222
For Pulled Chucky Beef, I wrapped at about 165°, and pulled between 203° & 208°.

Bear

Some of these high IT temps take me by surprise, but I have to admit, my recent Chuckie was only to 203° and it wasn't probe done, so my next will go higher and I'll chalk it up to experiment.

Some of these high IT temps take me by surprise, but I have to admit, my recent Chuckie was only to 203° and it wasn't probe done, so my next will go higher and I'll chalk it up to experiment.
Taking it into the 210 range was a game changer for me. I used to have chucks that some would pull great while the rest of the chuck had tougher pieces. Higher temp gives me a perfect pull everytime

worthy.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky