Wet Foot Pig Parts in Cherry Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fltsfshr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
Cut the rack and rubbed a tiny bit of honey all over them. Then made a dry rub of Hunky GPR garlic powder, allspice and a little black pepper. Rubbed it in deep top & sides. Let it sit for a bit.
Pig Parts 1.jpg
Pig Parts (1).jpg

Pig Parts (3).jpg

Pig Parts (4).jpg

Notice the foil has a wall in it. That' so when you foil it the feet stay wet. after foiling just before you close it up I added bourbon and water into the tray it created. After I took them out of the wrap they were painted with Braswells Sweet Bourbon Sauce. Times were vertical 1hr 50min @ 290, wrapped 1hr 20min unwrapped & painted twice 35min @ 320.
Pig Parts (2).jpg

Looks really good to me

Point for sure
Chris

Great job! It looks delicious! Love the color you get from cherry.

Ryan

Yes I learned if you put the small ends of the ribs in a tin trough it keeps the exposed marrow in the liquid. In this instance bourbon and water. It wicks up the marrow keeps ribs juicy. It you do it right you'll notice a little liquid still n the tin trough when you unwrap it. All I know is it works.

Reactions: JLeonard
Lady I learned it from owned several Southern restaurants and had more bbq ribbons on the walls than I've ever seen. RIP Shirley

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky