Well...We Said No More Moving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
However son in law and daughter asked us if we wanted to move into their newly renovated 3 br on 1.75 acre. Said you will have your own space again.

They said put what ever animals you want on it.

Hells Yeah
We start moving in tomorrow.

Pretty rural out here, cow fields and alfalfa.
Rineyville, Ky

IMG_3557.JPG

There is a second row of trees about 125ft back from these trees.
IMG_3561.JPG

However son in law and daughter asked us if we wanted to move into their newly renovated 3 br on 1.75 acre. Said you will have your own space again.

They said put what ever animals you want on it.

Hells Yeah
We start moving in tomorrow.

Pretty rural out here, cow fields and alfalfa.
Rineyville, Ky

View attachment 668411

There is a second row of trees about 125ft back from these trees.
View attachment 668412
Looks awesome, and flat, compared to my farm, but I live in the foothills of the Appalachians, so nothing is flat from here east.

Last edited:
Bet you're really gonna enjoy it... once the move is over anyways!

Ryan

Man that looks quiet and nice, Congrats. I’m over moving. In the middle of another PCS move now (our 6th in 16 years). Gets harder and harder as the kids get older.

Daughter worked out something with the Army not to be moved again until her son is out of HS. She told us that she may get orders to go back to Oklahoma to finish her 30. So we will be property managers for the house we are at now with the chickens.

The property is 1.75 acre, wider in front and narrower in the back. There is a small creek just in front of the starting of the woods, the back slopes up past the shed back there. We have deer in the back wooded area, game cam time.

Nice small house for the 2 of us and the 2 pups.

Here are some pics of all the work they did inside the house. They did get hooked up to city water last month. County gave them the ok for the house to be occupied as it's now up to code. New roof, AC/Heat pump, floors and all sorts of new things.

Front room
IMG_3563.JPG

Middle room looking into front room
IMG_3566.JPG

One of the bedrooms.
IMG_3568.JPG

Kitchen. We do need a washer/dryer, the hookups are in the kitchen.
IMG_3569.JPG

Last time I seen the bathroom it was gutted. All new now.
IMG_3571.JPG

Very nice, looks like they did a bang up job on the remodel. I really like the hard surfaces all throughout the house. We have replaced most of the carpet in our house with hard surface flooring, just little bit left to go and the carpet will be all gone. It really helps with allergies and such plus my wife can just get a new rug and change the look of a room.......

Moving is a PITA.
How do we get soooo much stuff?

I got my bread rack all squared away.
IMG_3603.JPG

Reactions: HalfSmoked
I really like the hard surfaces all throughout the house.
That pic of the front room with the narrow plank oak flooring looks like mid 50's construction that carried on through the 70's . Floor joist with wood X brace bridging , then 1X6 plank on a diagonal as a sub floor instead of sheet goods . Solid oak hardwood flooring completes the system . That's solid construction from days gone buy . The brick from plate to plate is a same time period and solid construction as well . Makes me think full masonry , but some pics look like drywall inside . No creaking or squeaking .
That's a solid home . Very nice . Sorry to geek out , just something I like .

The house was built in 62. Some of the closets are 1x6 lined but have been painted over.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky