Well...I did a thing.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
I am not selling my 18.5" WSM smoker, but I did add a stick burner smoker to the arsenal.

For $80, I couldn't say no. This should be fun to learn on.

Oklahoma Joe's offset smoker. I found it on Facebook Marketplace.

IMG_4369.jpeg

Love it! I tell my wife all the time you can't have too many smokers! She agreed with me on my last purchase... a stick burner as well!

Ryan

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Nice! I am having a great time learning my stick burner! There are some great and pretty cheap mods for that OKJ that can really improve a nice little smoker. Mods on my Char griller have made a huge difference. Enjoy it!!

What mods?
Charcoal basket is good. You can extend the stack a bit. There is a little cover that can be bolted on the inside over the exhaust port to bring the exhaust down to grate level. Seal it up with lava lock gasket if it leaks a lot. Lots of videos on you tube to look at. Also look at a site called bbqsmokermods.com lots of cool things on there for this smoker.

What mods?
Do an interweb search for Oklahoma Joe Highland Mods and a bunch of options will pop up. I have one and bought all the mods except the stack extension. Here are some...
If I did it over, I would not buy the charcoal basket, mine burned out in a year, nor the water pan, I never use mine. The gaskets, door clamps, and baffle plates work well. Only other thing I would think about that I don't have is the smokestack extension. I keep saying I'm going to make one and I can do it much cheaper than buying one, but just been lazy.

Here's a video which might help you along the learning curve....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky