Well done Tri tip!

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by b-one, May 19, 2015.

1. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well not quite but this one got away from me for sure! Thankfully we were still able to eat it.

2. b-one

Now I can add the pics! The options were not coming up on my iPad?

This was just a straight grill not enough time for a R/S. The worst part they raised the price to $10.99# up from $7.99# about 2 weeks ago.:devil:

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yikes on the price! Last week at Costco I paid $8.99. I only went there because I didn't have time to get to Cash and Carry. Bulk Tri tip there is still $4.45 per pound.

From the looks of it there's still some red in there! Looks edible to me!

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  4. b-one

At 4.45# that's awesome!! It was still good just not great! But stuff happens!

5. That looks mighty good to me I could eat that - even the peas

6. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Glad ya could still eat it!  They raised the price here to over 10 bucks a pound!  Right after my first tri tip got me hooked!

Mike

7. b-one

If you were closer I would of given it to you! I would have kept the peas to go with the taters thou.:biggrin:

8. b-one

That sucks one then they raised the price, I was paying $9.99 then found them for $7.99 and now there $10.99! Must be a summer thing, now I might as well get a brisket if time allows.Thumbs Up

9. Looks pretty tasty

Gary

10. b-one

Thx Gary, it was edible not by much. The tasty redskins were the star of the show the wife made them. Boiled smushed topped with butter and seasonings then cheese and broiled, next time I'll think to pull some smoked cheese to top them with and green onion?