Weisswurst coming up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
CB They look great,it still amazes me how everyone can make nice links,and I have to use string LOL Points

Richie

icon14.gif

Excellent job! It is interesting how a fry pattie can taste much different than the sausage in casing.

Yeah, it was good from the frying pan, but rocked after the poach! But then again, I may have poached them in some of the Broth I boiled down from 6 pork butt bones! 3-gallons of water boiled down to 1-gallon and simmered all day. :biggrin:

Is that cheating?

Cranky's House of Smoke / Blacksmithing & Master Sausage Maker      Nice job My Friend   
points1.png

Gary

Another batch of great sausages from one of our Masters!     Great job Charlie and I'm looking forward to the recipe.

Dang it CB them sure loooooooookkkk goooooooooddddd Nice job POINT for sure!!! 

A full cranky buzzard is a happy cranky buzzard LOL 

DS

They look incredible! Reminds me of what the local German meat shop calls bratwurst. I call it "that white sausage". Try browning it in a pan with sauerkraut with a sprinkle of sugar on the kraut....
:drool

A full cranky buzzard is a happy cranky buzzard LOL 

DS

My wife called BS on that one! :laugh1:

They look incredible! Reminds me of what the local German meat shop calls bratwurst. I call it "that white sausage". Try browning it in a pan with sauerkraut with a sprinkle of sugar on the kraut....
:drool

I will certainly try that out! I'll have a bit left for sure. :biggrin:

This recipe was sent to me by a member here that asked to remain anonymous. I like it and will do it again soon. However, I had forgotten how big of a PITA regrinding is!

2# Pork loin
2# lean pork butt just cut off the heavy fat
2# veal
1# back fat

65g kosher salt
7.25g fresh ground black pepper
4g mace
2.5g ground coriander
1.5g ground ginger
36g fine chopped parsley
18g lemon zest

Grind all meats through your fine plate. Pour seasonings over meat and mix in. Chill and grind again. Chill and grind a third time, this is an emulsified sausage. Add 500ml of water and hand mix very well after the 3rd grind.

Fry test! Adjust if needed.

Stuff into hog casings and poach in 170 degree water for 30-35 minutes.

Yeah, it was good from the frying pan, but rocked after the poach! But then again, I may have poached them in some of the Broth I boiled down from 6 pork butt bones! 3-gallons of water boiled down to 1-gallon and simmered all day. :biggrin:

Is that cheating?

If that kind of cheating is wrong, I don't want to be right!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky