Weekend Battle Vortex Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
So I decided to try mossymo mossymo 's Vortex cooked ribs... OMG... I'm so glad I did... This will pretty much be my go to for ribs from now on... Nice crunchy crispy bark... Tender and still juicy ... Less charcoal... And only a little over an hour... WIN WIN ...

I used my Southwest Style Rub as I was going for a mexican theme... Also did Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke 's Mexican Street Corn (and then scroll down)...

IMG_20240428_172141.jpg

Those on the left were sauced as that's what the wife likes... Myself, I just like dry rubbed...

IMG_20240428_183751.jpg

Sauced on the right... SBR Spicey and sweet ...

IMG_20240428_184013.jpg

Plated up...

IMG_20240428_184502.jpg

As I said... This will be the way I do ribs from now on... Unless I do them on the tractor...

Looks really good! I need to try ribs that way as well... been on the to do list awhile.

Ryan

Looks really nice Keith, and you don't have to spend the whole day waiting for the ribs to get done, strong work! I got to try this in the coming week, like bird legs only twice as long I guess. RAY

Looks really good! I need to try ribs that way as well... been on the to do list awhile.

Ryan

Brokenhandle Brokenhandle ... Don't wait any longer... Git-r-done

Those look Awesome!! I have been meaning to try this on my offset. JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 you think these would work on a offset? I don't have a Weber and vortex.

Redicans Redicans ... I'm sure it will cook them... Not sure if you'll get the crispiness from the high heat of the vortex ... Just run the off set as high as you can get it and see what happens...

Wow! I got to try this!

Really that good?

They look good!

yankee2bbq yankee2bbq ... Definatly give it a try... They are that good ...

Looks really nice Keith, and you don't have to spend the whole day waiting for the ribs to get done, strong work! I got to try this in the coming week, like bird legs only twice as long I guess. RAY

sawhorseray sawhorseray ... I don't think legs would take any longer... Hell.. Wings only take 45 minutes...

Thanks to all for the likes and the comments...

Reactions: Redicans
Nice spread Keith, like others have said I too need to try ribs that way!

Dave

Flatrate Flatrate ... If you have the set up... give it a go... I like the idea of it only taking an hour or so... That means they can be done during the week after work... And the crispiness it achieves is right up my ally...

Great looking ribs! I've done them this way before and they were excellent! Now you got me thinking ribs for dinner this week!

Jim

I still haven't tried doing ribs this way, but that's gonna change this spring. One issue that I see. How accurate is the bend-test doing ribs this way? :emoji_wink:

BTW the ribs look fantastic Keith!!!

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Those look fantastic Keith!
I have to give that a try, I have yet to make ribs individually!
I’m tired of the same old smoked ribs and this looks like we will be having ribs this weekend! Thanks for the motivation!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky