Weber Kettle Lids

Discussion in 'UDS Builds' started by jquade, Jul 28, 2011.

1. jquade

jquade Newbie

Morning All!

I am new to this list but as of right now I am trying to jump to the UDS side of things with my first build.

Does anyone know where a person can purchase lids for a UDS?  I don't want to pay Weber retail and

where I live there is not a lot of kettles laying at the curb.  Garage sales are not helping either.  Anyway,

if anyone has suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jeff

2. alan918

alan918 Newbie

I found mine after checking a few hardware stores who sold Weber grills.  I just asked to speak to the manager, explained what I was doing, and why I didn't want to spend a lot and asked if they had any damaged ones in the back.  After about the third try I found one at an ACE in great condition and a manager who was nice enough to sell it to me for ten bucks.  I also checked junk yards too, but only found the bottom of a kettle grill which wasn't any help to me, but that is another place to try.  Good luck!

3. carbon

carbon Newbie

Craigslist

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

5. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

X3

6. jquade

jquade Newbie

Boy, you guys are alot of help!  :)

7. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I have a UDS and keep an eye on craigslist all the time and everyone seem to want retail for a trashed grill, no freebies either. I just use the lid that came with it. 

8. rowdyrawhide

rowdyrawhide Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

9. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Walmart is a good idea. Last winter I checked with them and they sold  me one of those for 5 bucks that they had carried over and it was in perfect condition...