Aftermarket Legs for Weber Kettle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cast_Iron

Original poster
Feb 6, 2017
Does anyone make high quality after market legs for the Weber Kettle?

I just purchased the Weber Master Touch and I can't believe how flimsy and cheap the legs are.

Surely someone has to make a nice pair of stainless legs for the grill, right?

Thanks!

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm 6-4 and would love some taller legs for my 22in Kettle. Sometimes I feel like im hover over the grill.

Jim

I'm 6-4 and would love some taller legs for my 22in Kettle. Sometimes I feel like im hover over the grill.
I made these out of some rigid aluminum . I was gonna put the wheels on , but decided since it had 2 handles I'd wait and see . Would have to buy the wheels . It sits about 2" higher than stock . That's an old kettle I had laying around . I put a 1200 watt electric element in it .
20230506_132758.jpg

I made these out of some rigid aluminum . I was gonna put the wheels on , but decided since it had 2 handles I'd wait and see . Would have to buy the wheels . It sits about 2" higher than stock . That's an old kettle I had laying around . I put a 1200 watt electric element in it .
View attachment 683300
Could you give us more info on how you made these? What diameter are the legs?

What diameter are the legs?
You'll have to measure what you have .
These were nothing special , just some rigid aluminum pipe I had on hand .
Put the angle on the bottom first , then cut the length .
If you want to use the wheels , just flatten one end and drill the hole .

I'm not sure why you say yours are flimsy .

I'm not sure why you say yours are flimsy .

Yeah I'm kind of curious about this also.

I would just take the outside diameter and go to your local home improvement store, and see what they have. Or you could put a dowel inside the legs to stiffen them up.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
I just feel like that the legs are made of a very thin walled aluminum. I was hoping they would have made the legs out of something a little heavier.

I just feel like that the legs are made of a very thin walled aluminum. I was hoping they would have made the legs out of something a little heavier.
Lots of folks have run the kettle with those legs for many years without a problem. Now of course they arent meant to hold up a whole side of beef. But I feel they are more than adequate. But like I stated earlier, I just wish they were a little taller for my tall self.

Jim

I just feel like that the legs are made of a very thin walled aluminum
Pretty much are, but they do the job, Like other said you can always go down to the local home improvement store with one of the legs and get some pipe or conduit the same size and make your own any size you want. You can even paint em, and sell them for a profit since they are now custom and everything custom adds at least a zero on the end of the price

• Haha
Only reason I made the ones above is because I let that kettle sit on the side of the house and the one leg rusted on the bottom . I have several others , and didn't want to buy a leg set . It's also from 1974 . The original legs lasted a long time , and would still be good if it was on a deck or patio .

Kettles can be a little wobbly, but I've never had an issues with the legs and I've had my kettle for 12 or 13 years. I get what you mean, though. There's one in the warehouse at work that was made in the 90's and it doesn't budge, though.

I get what you’re saying. They are kinda thin. A nice option from Weber would be for legs that are meant for the grill to be a little more permanent. Like instead of having legs with wheels have some that are a little beefier and not meant for a kettle that can roll move areound. If that makes sense.

Reactions: Cast_Iron
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky