Water and Ash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

midnight a~ 1/4 smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I don't know if this a repeat but thought I would share. It really shows the importance of keeping you Grill or Firebox clean.

I have a habit of dumping my Weber ash tray (cold) over my wall into the alley. I have been doing this for years; dump a few here then there.

I also dump dirt and gravel from the yard along the wall. Today I decided it was time for an alley clean up. I am raking, pulling the dirt about 3 foot from the wall and every time I got to a spot the ash had been dumped it was damp. Made no differance 2" down or 8. All other areas were bone dust dry.

Keep in mine I live in the lower Arizona desert, last time it rained was a few weeks ago.

The ash holds a lot of moisture, so any left in your grill that gets wet can really do some metal damage.

thank you smoker ...........thats a good point.........i see that here in iowa with my ecb............is the ash gets wet, it will hold the moisture forever, and rust out the bottom of your cooker......

dude

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky