Vitamix Blending Lemon or Lime for Zest + Juice Marinade?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
For any of you Vitamix owners (or hardcore blender owners), have you ever just obliterated whole lemons or limes to create your lemon or lime marinades?

I love the flavor of zesting and juicing limes to marinate and make fajita lime chicken BUT I despise the act of zesting, it takes more time and effort than I care.

I had the idea of just tossing the things whole into my Vitamix and letting it turn everything into a liquid but figured I would ask all you amazing folks if you ever have done such a thing and how it turned out.

Let me know. Worst case I just test it out on my own and report back :D

Reactions: JLeonard
I blend whole lemons for lemonade and lemon water. Never used it in a marinade. There's like 5x the amount of vit C in the peel than the juice/pulp alone, but there's also the oil. It is a lemon flavor bomb, too. I keep mine refrigerated, and it kinda gells once cold. I have to use a little mixer to break it down once it gells, otherwise you get these little floating blobs of face-puckering lemon.

I've got a batch in the fridge I'll take a pic of in a few moments.

Here you go. That below was two lemons and about a cup of water.

20231116_171351.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
Here you go. That below was two lemons and about a cup of water.

View attachment 681107
Oh nice!

I guess I'll obliterate mine. I just wonder how strong it will be vs zest and juice. Gotta figure out how many pounds of meat it will work with.

I think about 3-4.5 pounds of meat was good with 4 limes worth of juice and zest (with rinds thrown in marinating bag with the meat).

So will have to figure this out for sure lol.

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky