Vegan sourdough corn fritters!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
My daughter is vegan. I know I know Hahaha!! Still we enjoy cooking together. Been getting my sourdough starter back up and running and we made some corn fritters last night with a bit of veggies and spices mixed in. Must say they were darn tasty. Served them up with some homemade hummus and a Greek yougurt sauce for me.

IMG_5502.jpeg
IMG_5504.jpeg
IMG_5505.jpeg
IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5507.jpeg
IMG_5503.jpeg
IMG_5508.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
Those look amazing! Care to share the recipe? I have a family member who is vegan, and it's always nice to serve her something besides veggie burgers when she comes over.

Reactions: Redicans
Those look amazing! Care to share the recipe? I have a family member who is vegan, and it's always nice to serve her something besides veggie burgers when she comes over.

image.jpg

Plus a can of corn and I added some cumin also. I cut back on the amount of veggies due to the can of corn. Call for 2 cups but I was closer to 3 total corn and frozen veggies that I chopped finer.

If you don’t have sourdough starter I think you could just sub in regular flour made into a batter.

Man them fritters look good...

Question... The ingredients list says baking powder... The instructions say baking soda... I'm confused...
Thanks JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 , they were very good.. Daughter approved for sure!!

You know I didn't even catch that. I used baking powder because that's what I saw first. It worked fine. If I make them again I might try the soda and see if there is a difference.

The things we do for our kids. Fritters look good to me Red, veggie briskets

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Redicans
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky