Variation on a theme

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

falmund

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Beaver Crossing, NE
So, I made my first attempt at ABT's today, with fantastic results. Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, JD Maple sausage and cheddar, then bacon-wrapped. Turned out well. As I was at the store I was planning for the family. I am working on their spice tolerance with a progressively spicier rub, and it's working. But, they just aren't up to jalapeno's yet. So I was at Walmart, looking for Anaheims or something. No luck. My eyes strayed across a bin of zucchini and I said, "Hmmmmm...." WOW
icon_eek.gif
!! I cut one in half length wise, then sliced each half into 3 pieces. I dug out the middles, snacking as I went, of course. THen I treated them the same as the jalapenos. 230ish for 90 minutes with Apple and ba-zowie, they were mild, crisp and heavenly. LIke my pork butt, I am too tired to post the pics tonight, but rest assured, I will post them tomorrow. My wife is insistent that I must share!

Looking forward to the pics.
There are a few strains of jalapeno peppers out there that have all the flavor but none of the heat. I tried growing them this year but only one sprouted, my sister is a wimp when it comes to spices (black pepper is spicy to her) but she loves the taste of japs, so I found they sell those.
Would be a great thing for those who love the taste but not the burn.

Now that sounds good. My wif and family are alittle heat senitive too so I will slip this one in ond see what happens.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky