Vacuum Sealer Helluva Deal!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

berninga87

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
SW Wisconsin
So in the past few weeks I've been scrounging for all the info I can find on making bacon, and in meantime I've decided I need a vacuum sealer. Being one to shop around I visited all the retail stores I could think of that would carry these items to do some price comparing, and found this on the Kmart clearance shelf. 

d3401171_VacuumSealer.jpg

It's a Foodsaver model V840. I think that this model has been discontinued, and you see it here as is as I bought it....no box, no owners manual, no accessories, and a missing knob at the top, but if you can make out the blurred price tag, it says 89.95 at the top at 11.95 at the bottom! I could hardly keep a straight face at the counter as I bought it...and it works (display model)! I found it last Saturday, sealed up some apple slices that night(thought they would be good for a test in the fridge) and the slices have already well outlasted the slices left in a bowl in the fridge. Hopefully the seal will last a lot longer than a couple of days, but I'm still pretty stoked about the find! Better yet, Foodsaver has agreed to send me the missing items from my purchase, since the product I bought was supposed to come with an accessory hose and a couple containers. Trust me I'm not trying to gloat or brag(I'm not the type I promise!) but just a message to all my SMF friends out there to keep your eyes open for sweet deals in unexpected places! The store manager even thought it was bogus, but they have to honor the price on the product!

Great score Buddy!

After you use it a few times, you won't know how you ever got along without one.

Great deal congrats on finding it

Actually, with all the missing items, they were lucky to get anything for it.  In the process, you got a super deal!  Way to keep your eyes open!

It sounds like Food Saver customer service took good care of you, too.

Good luck and good smoking.

Thanks all! The apples I sealed up I left in the fridge for a test run, and still today they are sealed and with little discoloration! I think we can call this one good. Having a vacuum sealer opens up many new options, now that I can store the massive amounts of meat that I've wanted to smoke safely until they all get eaten. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky