update on Beer B Que Paul 12/11

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by scarbelly, Dec 11, 2011.

1. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It has taken me a whole day of thought to post this. My heart is heavy with this news.

A couple of days ago I had the great pleasure to speak with Paul. He was very stressed but in fairly good spirits with the challenges he is facing.  He has been left on the toilet for long periods of time while they gather enough folks to move him. He has gone thru new hallways in a hospital that won't accomodate the width of his wheelchair. 

Last night I got a call from Kathryn - They finally found a machine to do the scan to look at the mass from the first round of his stay and they found it in the new wing of the hospital. How can you not know what you have in a hospital 

Kathryn told me the news is not good. The mass they found is a huge tumor and is located near his kidney. He is suffering from the mass impinging on the kidney. They also told them the tumor is malignant. I have not details on this issue.   They also have decided he has pneumonia which further complicates things. 

They are meeting with a team of doctors on Monday but the news is not positive so far.  

This has been very taxing on me personally so I apologize if this is not a cogent post

2. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and Kathryn constantly.

3. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

My prayers will be for both of you !

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

That definitely is not good news. Hopefully they will figure a way to treat him with a good outcome. I'll continue to pray for him and his family

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Your right the news isn't good at all. But our prays will be with you and Paul and Kathryn too. All we can do is pray and wish for the best.

6. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It saddens me to know a friend is in pain

If you're reading this Paul, hang in there!

Todd

7. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sending my thoughts and prayers too.....

8. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Praying for you Paul.

9. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

10. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Hang in there Paul............

Joe

11. Very sad to hear.

Chuck

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hang in there buddy, were all praying for you!

13. Prayer and thoughts sent...Hope things improve soon Paul.

14. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

praying for you 

15. rrsteve

rrsteve Fire Starter

This i such a great forum and even though I very seldom post anything I do check the posting of others regularly and I feel I know most of you so it saddens me to hear of Paul and Kathryn, my prayers are going up for the two of them and all others that are having a tough time now.

Bob

16. shooter1

shooter1 Smoking Fanatic

Very sorry to hear, hang in there, we are thinking about you.

17. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Sad news...hang in there Paul.  We are praying for you.

18. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

More prayers for Paul and his loved ones.

19. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

Man that sucks!!! The good news is they finally know what has been causing his problems. Continuing prayers for Paul and Katherine and his recovery.

20. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

prayers from upstate new york