two butts temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

russg

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Charleston SC
One 6 and one 7lbs.  I ASSume I estimate the cookig time by combining the weight(13lbs) x 2hrs(my favorite).

I do however cook until the temp is right, but I use a time estimate to schedule my naps and drinks.

Beer.gif

One 6 and one 7lbs.  I ASSume I estimate the cookig time by combining the weight(13lbs) x 2hrs(my favorite).

I do however cook until the temp is right, but I use a time estimate to schedule my naps and drinks.

Beer.gif
No,  Do not combine the weight, treat each one individually.

Go per pound of each piece

For example 6lbs X 2 = 12 hours and the 7lbs X 2 = 14 hours.

However these are just estimates the actual cook time will depend on Smoker. Fuel, ambient temperature, wind, fat content of each piece of meat, cooking temps, foiling, mopping, opening the lid etc..

So somehwere around 13hrs then.  Makes since.

Thanks SQWIB for waking me up.!
Actually based on 2 hrs per pound, one would be done in 12 hours (6pounder) then the other would be done in 14 hours (7 pounder)

Don't forget how those stalls can surprise you.  I've had very similar masses finish anywhere between 15 minutes of each other and all the way up to 5 hours apart.  That later time period just leaves you sitting there ready to go to bed thinking, "really?"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky