Twenty pounds of Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Cold, windy and damp day today. Good day to roll the smoke on twenty pounds of Kielbasa. The two on the rack I had run out of sausage casings but I had some beef middles which are meant for more like Sopressata, Summer Sausages, Liverwurst &Bologna. That will get sliced up into sandwich meat or pizza toppings.

Ingredients: (Based on a 20 lb batch.)
10 lbs of ground Pork (80/20)
10 lbs of lean ground Beef (80/20)

3 cups ice water
8 Tbs of Kosher Salt
2 Tbs of White Sugar
3 Tbs (heaping) Course Black Pepper (butchers grind)
3 tsp Powdered Garlic
4 tsp (heaping) Marjoram (rubbed)
4 tsp Cayenne
4 tsp Cure #1

¾ to 1 Cup Mustard Seed (optional)

zE5c0ml.jpg

HO85V4w.jpg

EmaEL5m.jpg

Heck yeah that looks awesome! I’ve got red barn bologna going this weekend; will be using beef middles also.

Thanks fellow smokers
I left them hanging for 3 days. They dried out very nice. Kitchen smelt excellent for those 3 days. The casings dried just right with a nice snap when you bite into them. Very happy with this batch. All Vac Sealed and off to the freezer.

Attachments

• 2020-06-14 12.27.04.jpg
    2020-06-14 12.27.04.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky