Turkey Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schoolsmoker

Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Im going to try some Turkey Thighs...just ondering about how long this would take..What temp for smoker...and what internal temp to take them to.

LOL, I was wonderin if you seen the post!

We need to get you a hat with a watch on it, inside a red circle w/a slash through it!

And.................a picture of the "mad hunky" standing there stearnly pointing to the"roll call" section!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks...LOL...Im sure you get asked the same questions over and over...I just couldnt find the answer

Brine em, then toss them in the smoker till the hit 170*. As for time, it takes a turkey thigh however long it takes a turkey thigh to get to 170*. I would (like rich said) smoke in the 250* to 300* range. Give em a spritz every now and again (bout every hour). Good luck.

They turned out GREAT...I took them to about 180 however...but they were still GREAT. Thanks so much for all the help...Im starting to really get into this!

LOL...180's OK. Thighs have alot more latitude. A breast, like I mentioned..is a bit more persnickety. We'll discuss brining and foiling and injecting then.

Congrats..and Q-view!?!?

PS check out the NEW TIME thread hahahaha!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky