Tulsa Noob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stantonss

Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Hey guys... Long time lurker. First time poster.

I'm SS and I'm from Tulsa,OK. I'm a diehard Oklahoma State Cowboy Fan and we bleed Orange Black (GO POKES!). My in-laws bought me a cheapo-Charbroil smoker a few years and I was hooked after that. I recently upgraded to a Oklahoma Joes Longhorn smoker and have only used it twice since Christmas. I have had a hard time of maintaining tempatures in it. I am haviing a Charcoal basket made this week and I am hoping it will help hold/maintain my heat.

Will be smoking a pork butt and some baby backs for the Super Bowl this weekend.

Thanks for the insight the website has provided

welcome1.gif
i see many years of great smoking in your future. if you play with it you will figure out what works good for your smoker.

happy smoken.

david

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!  Glad you decided to joined us!

If you need help roaming around the forums...just shout!  Will be glad to help out!

Kat

I just noticed with my welcome PM. I've used his smoking site for years for insight. Didn't realize he was from here. Pretty cool!

Hi SS! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members and over 900,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast and the “Articles” section is chock full of good useful information and “how-to’s”!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Hey SS, how is the Charcoal basket working out. We need to get together for a beer sometime, I’m in Bixby! Obviously I have a Joe to!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky