tripping the breaker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lakelynch

Original poster
Mar 17, 2023
My MB electric smoker keeps tripping the breaker after about an hour and the analog has water in it. How do I keep the water from getting in the analog to stop tripping the breaker. I talked to MB customer service and they have no clue. (or at least the rep. didn't) Thanks!

Water in the analog? Can you elaborate more? Water and electricity aren't a good mix.

Ryan
Yes. After an hour the moisture (smoke) that has been coming out of where the analog plugs into the smoker accumulates IN the analog and trips the breaker. I've replaced the analog multiple times and it's the same thing. Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and if there was a solution. Masterbuilt said that they had no clue how to stop it.

Yes. After an hour the moisture (smoke) that has been coming out of where the analog plugs into the smoker accumulates IN the analog and trips the breaker. I've replaced the analog multiple times and it's the same thing. Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and if there was a solution. Masterbuilt said that they had no clue how to stop it.
You have me stumped as well! I have an analog mes 30 and never had that problem. What does yours have for an exhaust hole? Does yours leak smoke around the door?
Maybe Rich, chopsaw chopsaw will have an idea.

Ryan

have an idea.
My only guess is he has an analog unit and it's getting water where the control plugs in the side at the element , or in the control itself .

Just saw post 3 . I think there should be a rubber gasket at the connection . Maybe it's missing .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
What would be a proper way to stop the steam from coming out of where the analog plugs into the smoker? Something that won't melt.

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly are you calling an analog?

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly are you calling an analog?
The dial on his smoker I believe...

20230328_181242.jpg

Like this one

Ryan

Reactions: Colin1230
Ding, ding, ding, ding! Now I'm with you. Thanks, Ryan. I appreciate tbat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky