Tri-Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jd on ice

Original poster
May 5, 2012
Chugiak Alaska
I smoked a tri-tip for the first time last night.  It was incredible.  This has always been one of my favorite cuts of meat to put on the grill, but I have never tried to smoke one before. I am fairly new to smoking and very new to this forum.  I am trying to figure it out, hope I am in the right place. 
58d48851_Cutandreadytoeat2.jpg

Your Tritip looks like it came out great 

On the location issue - you should have posted it in Beef - not a big thing but this thread is for issues folks have with the site - I flagged the post for a moderator to move it for you 

Scar 

Thanks for the assist.  I am still learning the forum set.  I never participated in one before.  Again I appreciate the assitance. 

Nice job. That looks great. Looks like you smoked/cooked it nicely. Did you let it rest foiled or a covered container for 5-10 minutes?  Looks like you hit the IT perfectly for medium and it looks juicy! 

I'm new to tri-tips but I had some SMF help and made pastrami and grilled one with some caper cream sauce that was amazing. That TT you smoked with this caper cream sauce..if you like capers, you gotta try it. 

CC sauce

Scroll down the to bottom of Red Dog's thread, I posted a starter recipe there. Adapt to your own, but it's really really good, if you like capers..

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/121194/smoked-flatiron-steak#post_806256

Pastrami

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/120603/corned-beef-turkey-pastrami-from-scratch-q-view-mania

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky