Tri-Tip

Discussion in 'Beef' started by jd on ice, May 12, 2012.

1. I smoked a tri-tip for the first time last night.  It was incredible.  This has always been one of my favorite cuts of meat to put on the grill, but I have never tried to smoke one before. I am fairly new to smoking and very new to this forum.  I am trying to figure it out, hope I am in the right place.  [​IMG]

2. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Your Tritip looks like it came out great 

On the location issue - you should have posted it in Beef - not a big thing but this thread is for issues folks have with the site - I flagged the post for a moderator to move it for you 

Scar 

3. Thanks for the assist.  I am still learning the forum set.  I never participated in one before.  Again I appreciate the assitance. 

4. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks great !!!

5. fester

fester Smoke Blower

Nice job looks great!!!

6. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Tasty lookin TriTip. 

I like em grilled, but some smoke couldn't hurt

7. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

Nice job. That looks great. Looks like you smoked/cooked it nicely. Did you let it rest foiled or a covered container for 5-10 minutes?  Looks like you hit the IT perfectly for medium and it looks juicy! 

I'm new to tri-tips but I had some SMF help and made pastrami and grilled one with some caper cream sauce that was amazing. That TT you smoked with this caper cream sauce..if you like capers, you gotta try it. 

CC sauce

Scroll down the to bottom of Red Dog's thread, I posted a starter recipe there. Adapt to your own, but it's really really good, if you like capers..

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/121194/smoked-flatiron-steak#post_806256

Pastrami

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/120603/corned-beef-turkey-pastrami-from-scratch-q-view-mania

Cheers!

8. Looks perfectly done! 

9. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great - and welcome to SMF

10. Thanks, I will definately give the caper sauce a try.  Love capers.