Tree Cutting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
One of my neighbors is a tree cutter. He was asked by our other neighbor to cut down some of his trees. So I was asked if I could photo\video it with my Air 2S drone. I said sure but not going to promise anything on how good it would turn out. I was a little shaky from the cold but we got her done.

That is very cool. Love watching tree cutters do this. You really have to trust your rigging .

Love the first song a lot. both are nice choice

Good skills on the drone also, thanks for posting

David

Also looks like one of the yards is setting up for a ice rink

Reactions: KBFlyer
Back in 1999 we had what is called a blowdown. I had three trees that size in my back yard. Two were leaning pretty good and could have been a problem down the road. One French tree cutter traveling through offered to cut the down. He just used the branches to climb the tree and trim it like Chris did.
Cost me 300 bucks but it was worth it. Lots of bonfire wood for a lot of years. LOL

The Boundary Waters–Canadian Derecho (also called the Boundary Waters Blowdown) was an international derecho that occurred during the afternoon and evening hours of July 4 and the early morning hours of July 5, 1999.

You, sir, are nuts! 🫡

Doug work in the tree industry . That's why I tagged him . Those guys earn their money for sure .

We used to get on a 2x10 over 100 foot of elevator shaft . Nothing below you but death . Sheets of shaft liner weigh 80 to 100 pounds each .

Reactions: DougE
When I was young I used to watch the painters paint the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge and even though they always had safety lines, I thought they were completely death-wish psychopaths. I did not even like driving across that thing.

Reactions: chopsaw
Doug work in the tree industry . That's why I tagged him . Those guys earn their money for sure .

We used to get on a 2x10 over 100 foot of elevator shaft . Nothing below you but death . Sheets of shaft liner weigh 80 to 100 pounds each .
Paying for it now, but yeah, I can't think of a job I would have rather spent my life doing.

Reactions: KBFlyer
1699395841020.png

Most of his jobs he gets is not like this. Since it was right on the fence line he decided to make sure it did not take out anything like the fence.
This job was more a promotional one were he could control what happened. We had meetings before hand on what would go down and how we wanted the photos and video to look.
My drone license here in Canada requires me to have every one on board when the drone is up in the air. Everyone was part of the crew for the drone, not the tree cutting part.

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky