Treager Pro 34 keeps going out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

last cast

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Miami Florida
I have the Pro 34 Series Treager. On my long smokes for some reason I lose temperature. I have to open everything out and clean out the heating pot. It gets filled up with pellets and smothers the flame. Is there a way to adjust the auger?

Reactions: JLeonard
My guess would be the fan has stopped working.
No fan, no flame, temp drops, controller dumps pellets to try to get it temp back up.

Are you starting with a clean pot? My 34 does fine for 16 hour smokes as long as I start with a clean pot

You would here the fan running if it is working
Depends if you are by it when it quits.
Fans don't always just quit.
They can get hot and slow down or stop.
Once cooled down they can starts again.
Eventually they will die completely.

Reactions: bill1
Depends if you are by it when it quits.
Fans don't always just quit.
They can get hot and slow down or stop.
Once cooled down they can starts again.
Eventually they will die completely.
fire needs air. Air comes from the fan. I also lean towards a fan problem. To the great list above I'd add intermittent wiring...I'd particularly inspect and twiddle with the connections. In other words, the fan may be ok, and the controller ok, they just might not be communicating to each other.

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky