Traeger Pellet Grill Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My brother has the texas model... not quite as big as the executive, but plenty good. I hope to get one as soon as I can afford it. Great units as far as I'm concerned.

The only real downside I can see would be the availability of pellets might be an issue.

Mike, thanks for the info!
wink.gif

I might have a little insight
wink.gif

Currently have the 125 on my deck and generally cook on it 1 to 2 days a week. Previously had my dad's Lil' Tex for about 3 months. Ask and I will do my best to answer. Would be willing to share my cell # if need be.

General observations:
  1. I like the Rotary dial vs. the 3 position switch.
  2. It makes it easy to start producing quality meat, note I have never been able to run a charcoal grill! Always did well with my big gasser but the product from the pellet grill is in a whole different category.
  3. Pellets I've tried: Traeger will do in a pinch and can get them locally at several locations. BBQ'r delight...I could not determine much difference from Traeger, just my opinion here. Cookinpellets.com pellets are my preferred pellets, awesome flavor, no dust to speak of and great guy to deal with. Figure at 225 you will roughly burn 1lb. of pellets an hour...this is a big "your mileage might vary" statement.
  4. I think the pellet hopper could be better designed, as pellets do not slide down the walls well (not steep enough).
  5. Large grill area.
  6. Big chunk of change to plunk down but I have been very satisfied with my purchase. My local Distributor typically has demo models available at a slight discount. Don't know if they ship or not but have their card in my wallet.
I'll stop guessing at the questions and let you fire away!

Good grief, Trent! You almost talked me into one of them
biggrin.gif
. BBQ place here has them on sale now. Maybe I'll go look.

The guy that runs my favorite adult beverage store has one and says he doesnt like it. I think he is tryin to grill on it. Maybe I can get it cheap. Would be great for makin jerky on.

I have the lil' tex and can do 4 butts at a time. there have been times when I would have liked more space. they are more mechanical than most cookers but are simple to use. start-up is easy and my ace hardware sells pellets so I havent had an issue. I bought mine at a cooking store and he smokes daily back in his kitchen area and has had no problems with his. he is my main supplier for pellets. I do want to try the pellet store that carpetride was talking about but shipping was an issue and so were stock supplies. It has really open up a whole new arena of cooking for me. And thanks to everyone in this forum for making me a better cook.

Between the flood earlier in the year which knocked out his supply and adding a second pellet mill, I believe he has been a little behind on things. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and would expect him to be back up and running soon...I hope because I need pellets and have been getting buy on the Traegers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky