ThermoPro TP20 any good?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I want to post a follow up to my previous comments. After having a couple of e-mails to ITronics Customer Support, I hit them up on chat. After exchanging a few messages, it was determined that the probes were bad (mine were from a 2017 replacement). They were going to send me new probes, but said they did not have any in stock. So they shipped me a complete new TP-17 thermometer with the new probes, and told me to use the probes in the box. Using it now, and all seems good. These probes are far more hefty and substantial than the original ones. Fingers crossed/knock on wood/rub the rabbit's foot that the HHH problem is solved.

Shout out to the customer support folks at ITronics for getting this taken care of in an "above and beyond" way.

you are obviously one of the lucky ones. my tp20 probe went out after the third time i used it. sent my third email with all the purchase info and my address over a week ago and no response.. two months now.

I've now used the the TP-17 probes with the TP-20 multiple times with no issues whatsoever. In fact, my experience tells me that not only do these probes work without the fluctuations and HHH readings, they seem to be more temperature accurate. It now seems that the original TP-20 probes were reading 5-10 degrees higher during non HHH situations. Meats were more true to medium rare with the new TP-17 probes. The TP-20 now performs beautifully and accurately - this is the solution you need to love your TP-20 again.

I purchased the ThermoPro TP-08 in June 2017 and didn't get around to trying it until last weekend. However, I had quite a few problems with the unit. I was primarily using it for pit temperature and could not get it to read anywhere close to the reading on my pit dial which i installed at grate level. I experimented with various placements inside the pit. at one point during the cook the TP-08 was reading 50 degrees higher than the dial!

I know there are a lot of variables and its possible the dial is faulty. But has anyone had similar experiences and is the TP-20 known to be more accurate than the 08?

Update: My beefier TP17 probes are now suffering the same fate as the original probes. Insert into base unit, turn on, temps immediately spike to over 300 degrees, and then "HHH". I've been careful to clean the probes without immersing in water, I make sure the wires are free from kinks, basically I have been babying these probes. There is a flaw in the design and/or manufacturing of these that renders what should be an excellent product useless.

having continued problems with mine ...now they read half of what the temp should be.

Hello HuskyKMA,

I am Dillon from ThermoPro, and I can answer any questions you have about our TP20! For starters, it is our newest model with a simplified user interface, a backlight and preset meat cooking temperatures for easy cooks. The TP20 also comes with dual probes as you stated. These can read both meat or the ambient temperature of a grill, oven or smoker as it comes with a clip for easy attachment!

We are going to be offering any forum member a 20% discount code for our Amazon stores in the US and Canada.

US Store: http://amzn.to/2B30ZqN
US Coupon Code: IF5RBOKA
Canada Store: http://amzn.to/2zUSMXN
Canada Coupon Code: OSPI6YA6

If you have anymore questions, I would be happy to answer them!

Dillon

ThermoPro
Thanks for the coupon! Just ordered one from amazon Canada. Looking forward to using it when the snow melts a bit.

Thanks. It seems that it now only works on some of the thermometers. I purchased several in the past in the code worked for all of them. But not this time.

FYI I used the code on Amazon today for the TP20 and it worked. I was going to get them 08S due to the lower price. The code did NOT work for the 08S but did for the TP20 which made it just about $6 more so I went with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky