Thermometer Preferences

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

39Buick

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 28, 2020
Hi all,
I am wanting to upgrade my thermometer from a single probe to a multiple probe unit. I have narrowed my serch to two companies and would very much like some of your opinions.
Inkbird or Maverick trying to stay under $100 to keep peace if you know what I mean!
Thanks in advance!!

Do you need more than 2 probes?

Inkbird was running a sale recently... I tested their single instant read and it was real nice! there is a write up on here for the 4 probe,
Thanks for the reply, I went through several threads and read quite a few posts on the inkbird. Never found what I call a review.

Do you need more than 2 probes?
I think two probes would be the bare minimum. I would really like to have the 6 probe unit with the hybrid probes. That would allow me to monitor my CC and a couple meats at the same time.

Well, I seem to be the maverick in the herd as I have the Maverick X-50 and it works really well with 4 probes as well.
Finally a Maverick!! :emoji_laughing: I like the looks of the maverick and like the fact i don't have to have my phone or tablet connected all the time.
I have been using a cheap old thermpro single probe from amazon for a few years and love that device. Awesome range and has been going strong!!

I think two probes would be the bare minimum. I would really like to have the 6 probe unit with the hybrid probes. That would allow me to monitor my CC and a couple meats at the same time.

If you only needed two probes, then I would highly recommend Thermoworks Smoke. It's got it's own receiver, but also allows you to connect to Wifi and monitor with your phone with optional gateway. It frequently goes on sale for about $70.
The Thermoworks Signals has 4 inputs, but requires you use your smart device and is also very expensive. Thermoworks build quality is significantly superior to the others, but you do pay for that.

Reactions: 39Buick
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky