Thermometer poll!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which theremometer do you use for smoking?

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tom_the_Smoker

Original poster
Jul 2, 2023
Hi folks,
Im doing some smoking technical research, thought I'd crowdsource an answer here....
We are trying to do some controlled cook-time experiments. We want to use the most popular models of thermometers commonly used by the home-smoker.
If you dont see yours in the list below, please respond and Ill add it to the list!
Thanks!

I use the signals or Meater (block version) to remotely monitor meat and smoker temperatures depending on the circumstances; I use the signals more for long cooks where I'm not going to be handing the food often and/or I'm using the Bellows fan for temperature control and I use the Meater more for faster smoke sessions as well as for grilling when I'm going to be handing the food.

I also have and use a ThermoPen for probing and quick checking food temperatures in multiple locations, even when using the others. I really think it's a different tool than the others.

The poll let me select all the of these so I did. I also have a BbqGuru CyberQ but I don't use it anymore; I was never happy with the web-based monitoring and alerts and the device firmware was very flaky after several updates and it just got to be more aggravation than it's worth, especially after comparing with the Signals.

Inkbird insta read is the only therm I use.

I have an inkbird multi probe outfit and an inkbird instant read, all rechargeable. The multi probe replaced an old Maverick 2 probe therm that actually still works after all these years.

Multiple ThermoPro models and very happy with them.
Also an Inkbird IR .

Keith

Last edited:
Meater, Inkbird and have a couple thermopro modules (instant read and multiprobe). Used a meater probe for a couple of years and broke it. Bought a new one recently and am very impressed. Internal and environment dual temps were dead on right out of the box.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky