• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

The dry-out syndrome

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ammaturesmoker

Smoking Fanatic
May 31, 2015
OK I'm not talking meat here. I am talking YOU. If there is one thing I hate is cooking in the heat and getting dry'd out. Not just a beverage(or many) either. My face, head, and neck feel just hot and dry when smoking, or even over a gas unit. Yesterday while smoking I kept going to the water hose at least 5 times every hour to wet my head, face, and neck. I ended up with a slight sunburn on the back of my neck. Today I wet my head and face.....then I took a large towel and wet it good with water from the hose and draped it over my head and neck while I cooked chicken. I re soaked it as the towel got warm by the sun but it did the trick. I keep a cooler of ice and beverages for when I am smoking because I know I will be out there a while. Am I alone here?

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
AMS, I leave my smoker in the garage so I stay out of the elements!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
​They sell small canopies, I have one over my BBQ area.

Works for keeping the rain off too.

Richie

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
I keep my smoker on my front porch, with a roof over it.

If you got your neck burnt, thats what happens when you smoke meat-----It's just the Birth of another Redneck!!
eek.gif

That's not a bad thing----It comes with a lot of Great "Q" !!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Ribs Look Real Nice!!!
drool.gif

You burnt your neck smoking them!!

I could easily burn my tongue testing them for you!!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky