The creeping crud

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
I'm not sure what's going around here in Texas, but it has me planted solid in my recliner feeling like a train hit me.

Not the best way to start 2024, but this soon shall pass and the pork butts in the refrigerator will get ground up!

Hope everyone has a great 2024 and looking forward to seeing some great creations from you all.

Have you tested for Covid ?

I thought I just had a cold, but it was Covid.
Yep, tested positive on the 21st, negative on the 26th, and a new round of something has now moved in. Dr appt tomorrow for sure. I have things to do, like fill 2 more tags before the season ends!

I'd test again if you haven't already.
My kits say you are suppose to test twice 48 hours apart.
Two negatives and you are good to go...

I'm negative now, but wife is still positive.
So we wear masks, do all the sanitizing, hand washing, etc. so we don't keep passing in back and forth.

I and many others at work had a Creeping Crud too.
For some it was just Crud, others Covid and a couple pneumonia.

For me, Day 1 sore throat, Day 2 sore throat and sinuses. Day 3 sinuses and chest, sore throat abated, Day 4-7 sinuses and chest, Day 8 sinuses abating, chest heavy for 2 more days.
A month later and the Crud still has a minor hold on my chest.

Get well soon crankybuzzard crankybuzzard

Reactions: JLeonard
Around here, it's been a stomach bug that's hitting everyone. One of our sons had when we gathered for Christmas dinner. Since then, Mrs. Red, the MIL, our other son, and one of the grandsons have all had it. So far - knock on wood - I've avoided it...but my fear is I'm next!

Hope ya feel better Cranky!
Red

It’s been making the rounds here too. Sinus crud with a cough from the drainage. Thankfully over the counter meds are helping but still feel like crap.
y’all get to felling better soon!

Jim

It’s been making the rounds here too. Sinus crud with a cough from the drainage. Thankfully over the counter meds are helping but still feel like crap.
y’all get to felling better soon!

Jim
The bride won't let me make anything because of it. So she's doing all the cooking and bringing me stuff. I could get used to that!

Haven't heard anything about COVID, but the flu and RSV seem to making the rounds. Fortunately no one in the zoo has had either...yet.

Hope you get to feeling 100% soon, cranky...

Flu and covid, along with the stomach bug are all making their way around here too. I tested negative for covid so figured I had a bad case of the flu. Finally went to the Dr 2 weeks later with pneumonia 😒.
Dr thinks I have a relapse from covid but who knows. I'd much better now but can't seem to get any energy back.
Take your meds and get better CB !

Keith

As some know wife works in Emergency Department and they have been seeing Flu, RSV, and Covid it varies from day to day which most have. There has not been a day go buy that they haven't seen multiple of each but seems everyday one is worse than the others.
Get well Cranky

Reactions: 801driver
Hope all feel better and get well soon.
I had a short bout of the flu over Christmas. Ached everywhere (train wreck ache), slight fever and a couple days of sore throat, which was much worse than having Covid 2 years ago. Luckily, shook it pretty fast.
Wife is going on 2 weeks with the sinus crud.
The bride won't let me make anything because of it. So she's doing all the cooking and bringing me stuff. I could get used to that!
No luck here. I still cooked Christmas Eve and Day meals. Nothing fancy, but I still cooked.

Just heard today my niece's baby ended up with rsv, then pneumonia, admitted to hospital Friday and transferred to children's hospital Saturday. Doing better today, still in hospital but hopefully improving.
The rest of you get better. And remember --- cures what ails ya... my wife doesn't believe me but I'm still not changing my story lol!

Ryan

Just heard today my niece's baby ended up with rsv, then pneumonia, admitted to hospital Friday and transferred to children's hospital Saturday. Doing better today, still in hospital but hopefully improving.
The rest of you get better. And remember --- cures what ails ya... my wife doesn't believe me but I'm still not changing my story lol!

Ryan
Prayers for the baby Ryan and your stick to your story 🤣

Keith

I and many others at work had a Creeping Crud too.
For some it was just Crud, others Covid and a couple pneumonia.

For me, Day 1 sore throat, Day 2 sore throat and sinuses. Day 3 sinuses and chest, sore throat abated, Day 4-7 sinuses and chest, Day 8 sinuses abating, chest heavy for 2 more days.
A month later and the Crud still has a minor hold on my chest.

Get well soon crankybuzzard crankybuzzard
I've got this exactly. I'm on day 6 of that timeline. First 4 days I was wiped out. The smallest amount of doing anything wore me out. Tested twice for COVID and even a third time when I got a bit of an occasional tickle dry cough. All negative. This morning I feel a bit better so far but most mornings I thought that lol. Gotta either be a cold or or maybe mild RSV I suppose.

• Sad
Reactions: chilerelleno
I've had mild/moderate COPD for 6-8 yrs. No problems, doing 2 mile walks almost everyday. Middle of last month started feeling like I had the sniffles, which has been no big deal over the years. Until 3 or 4 days into it when my o2 dropped down to 82 % and lower. Long story short, I had RSV, spent a week in the hospital and am still on continuous oxygen at home. If you have any kind of underlying conditions that stuff can hit you pretty hard.

Reactions: jcam222
I've had mild/moderate COPD for 6-8 yrs. No problems, doing 2 mile walks almost everyday. Middle of last month started feeling like I had the sniffles, which has been no big deal over the years. Until 3 or 4 days into it when my o2 dropped down to 82 % and lower. Long story short, I had RSV, spent a week in the hospital and am still on continuous oxygen at home. If you have any kind of underlying conditions that stuff can hit you pretty hard.
Man get well soon! I assume you could tell symptomatically your O2 was low?

Reactions: Norwester55
Hope you all get feeling better soon, I hesitated even responding to this as don't even want to take a chance. With my wife's disc replacement surgery the Doc says take extreme measures not to get sick as a cough could dislodge the discs...... so we been anti-social but have been lucky to remain healthy for the past few months.....

My wife's new Apple watch has O2, and heart monitoring stuff....which is cool. She got the new one before the patent suit against apple and they pulled it..... It was nice to have after surgery because she was having O2 issues from being on the breathing machine for surgery.

Same here . My Daughter teaches pre primary . She's been off for the holiday week . She goes back on Weds. There's no doubt she'll get sick . I'll be next . Those people send those poor kids to school no matter what .
Yep, they sure do, and they go to other social events too.

Warren

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky